Monday, April 27, 2009

Engagement Rings

Since I hadn't been able to find an engagement ring I liked, we had decided to have mine custom made. Unfortunately, the designer was only in town on Friday - the day after Ian had knee surgery! So I ended up going with my mom, which was a lot of fun.

The shape of the ring will be very similar to my wedding band (see previous post) but instead of having channel-set diamonds I'll have individually set stones (alternating diamonds and black sapphires, with the centre diamond the biggest stone and the others gradually getting smaller). They'll be mounted flush with the band so there won't be anything sticking up to get caught on anything, which was what I wanted.

I need to take my wedding band in to Birks for them to send it off on May 10th. The designer guestimated that the engagement ring will be ready around the beginning of June but the saleslady said he always underestimates so I probably won't have it back until at least mid-June. I'm thinking of going out and buying a sterling silver ring to wear in the meantime. Yay for more new jewellery! ;)

Meanwhile, Ian's ring is a bit too big for him so we'll have to take it back to Epochs to see if they can send it away to the maker to be re-done in the right size. Though I guess we'll have to wait until Ian's moving around a little better first, as he's still really gimpy right now.

No other concrete plans to report, though we're still tossing around ideas. Since Ian's surgery went so well and he doesn't need to be on crutches, we'll probably be able to get some venues looked at this spring to start to narrow down our choices. That will also help us decide on a theme and a date, and then we can get into some serious planning!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm hoping to get the ring in the next week or so. I'm very anxious to see it!

    ReplyDelete